This coming november, take time out before the busy festive season. invest in yourself. slow down and immerse yourself in yoga and the serene beauty of Ubud.
If you've never been to Bali or Ubud, this is a lovely way to visit.
The town is quiet compared to the rest of the island, and it's a hub for all things yoga and wellbeing. You also won't struggle to find a great cup of coffee, fun cocktails, and some ethical fashion for ladies and dudes
WHEN: 11-16 November 2015
WHERE:HONEYMOON GUESTHOUSES, UBUD, BALI
- Learn biomechanically updated yoga alignment to keep you safe in any yoga class you’ll ever attend
- Explore the difference between classical and updated yoga postures
- Find better alignment for happy knees, happy hips, happy shoulders and a happy back!
- Learn how to use your muscles to protect your joints and ligaments
- Daily afternoon workshop followed by restorative yoga
- Morning flow practice to apply our new alignment
- Fun activities including temple visits, cooking classes, massages, fancy meals, and more (or less, if you just want to chill by the pool)
- Small group size - you are not just one in a crowd to us!
Karen Chow, co-owner of mm...Yoga and your retreat leader, has superpowers that include tricking you into doing more than you thought you were capable of. She used to be an economist and brings that rigour of thinking to her teaching. You will feel deeply relaxed after her classes AND learn loads about how your muscles and joints work.
Do you want to start a yoga practice or get huge changes in your current moves? THis retreat is your chance!
The yoga retreat was an excellent way to develop my practice - both by learning new skills and modifying or enhancing poses that I have have been doing for years. There was an interesting combination of theory and practice and the small group size enables one-on-one attention.
Options during the day include lazing by the pool with a good book, pampering with a massage or manicure, exploring the local shops or walking through the rice paddies. Food options in Ubud are incredible.
The 2013 retreat was a friendly, relaxed group of like-minded individuals who were happy to get together to share a meal or cocktail.
Cassie Locke, retreat attendee
When: 11-16 november 2015
Where:Honeymoon Guesthouses, Ubud, Bali
Cost: AUD$1900 single or $1700 twin share.
What you get for that:
- 5 nights of beautiful accommodation in the premium Honeymoon 2 rooms (read: fit for royalty, but with a family vibe)
- Lush breakfast every day
- Welcome dinner feast
- Final night dinner feast
- Fun activities around Ubud (optional. some people just like to chill)
- 2 gorgeous treatments: massage, facial, reflexology. You choose.
- Morning flow yoga, afternoon workshop and evening restorative yoga every day
- Access to your teacher all week. You'd be surprised how different this experience is, compared to just going to class.
- Collection from the airport in Bali
You will need to arrange your own flights.
This yoga retreat was just what I needed before coming into the hectic part of the year. Five days of absolute bliss: feasts of delicious Balinese food, super friendly people, being pampered with massages, facials and pedicures every single day (yes its that affordable!) not to mention you get two free treatments included.
You can take as much or as little as you want from the week, the retreat was aimed at people of all levels (we had a guy who had never even stepped onto a yoga mat before!)
This was not your average yoga retreat, no crack of dawn yoga, we were allowed to sample whatever delicious Balinese morsels we pleased and cocktails after dark were welcomed!
What amazed me the most was not only the before and after photos (which were an amazing indication of what a few days away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives coupled with a few hours of yoga a day can do) but the feeling of relaxation and bliss when we left the retreat. I felt energized and rejuvenated physically and mentally.
My posture had improved, shoulders less hunched and hips less tight.
It was the perfect balance of exercise, bliss, relaxation and culture.
I would recommend the retreat to anyone and would definitely be keen to be a part of it again!
Pauline, retreat attendee
To book, you will need to pay a $450 non-refundable deposit, with the balance payable in full one month before the event.
To pay your deposit, choose the ‘Deposit’ option, add it to your cart and check out. You can pay your balance in the same way, by choosing the ‘Balance’ option.