It's coming up for Festive Season Overindugling.
Not that any of us would do that, right? I made this rather virtuous dessert a while back and loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you.
It's my adaptation of rawmazing's frozen torte.
Advice: either leave the base out completely or add some sort of fat to bind it. Mine just turned out to be cacao crumbs. Not really appetizing.
Also, I left out the espresso part :)
Triple Chocolate Espresso Hazelnut Frozen Torte
serves 8 – 10
1/2 cup almonds1/2 cup cacao powder4 dates, soaked until soft
1. Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Press into 7-inch spring form pan. Set aside. (I love this one: 7″ Spring Form Pan
2 avocados1/2 cup hazelnut butter (You will find a great tutorial here: Making Nut Butters)1 cup hazelnut milk (you can use almond milk)1/2 cup cacao powder1/2 cup raw, organic agave syrup or liquid sweetener of choice1 tablespoon instant espresso powder* (This is what you are looking for: Instant Espresso )1 teaspoon vanilla1/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt (I use freshly ground)
1. Place all ingredients in food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over crust and freeze until set.
1/2 cup organic raw agave syrup or liquid sweetener of choice1/2 cup cacao powder1/4 cup coconut oil, melted3/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped2 teaspoons espresso powder*
1. Whisk together agave, cacao, and coconut oil.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup hazelnuts and pour over partially frozen cake and top with remaining hazelnuts.
2. Freeze until set.
3. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
*The espresso powder is there for flavor only. It can be easily omitted without affecting anything but the flavor.