This is one of the sexiest salads I have ever had! The vibrancy of all the colours coming together makes even the fussiest of salad eaters salivate. Full of vitamins and minerals, this antioxidant rich salad will leave you bouncing off the walls with energy!
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- 3 cups roughly torn rustic bread (great for using up day-old bread)!
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced 1cm thick
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and thickly diced
- 125g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced in half rounds
- 100g feta cheese (if you don’t do dairy this dish is just as satisfying without)
- Approx. 15 olives, pitted
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup cold-pressed olive oil
1. Heat ¼ cup ghee in a large saucepan. Add the bread, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and toss to coat. Cook over medium heat for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp. Set aside.
2. Place the vegetables in a large bowl and toss.
3. For the vinaigrette combine vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar and give it a good shake. Add the olive oil and shake to combine.
4. Add the bread, feta and olives into the vegetable mix and pour over the vinaigrette, toss lightly. Set aside for 20 minutes for the flavours to soak into the bread. Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
Serving options: This is to-die as a side with lamb and some tzatziki or simply serve on its own as a main.